2006-07 HFL

1st Team Manager: Andy Gordon

Taken from the Oxford Mail, Friday 22nd September 2006

AFC Wallingford will be without defender Paul Massaquoi for at least eight weeks after he broke a leg in last week’s FA Cup clash at Moneyfields.
Fletcher Hoey is set to replace him for tomorrow’s FA Vase second qualifying round against Sandhurst Town.
Simon Barlow is back from suspension.

AFC Wallingford (v Sandhurst Tn, home): from Clarke, Shea, Parker, Fenn, Ingram, F Hoey, Tyler, Barlow, A Taha, Z Taha, Touray, Baker, Styles, Lindsay-Scott, Fellows, Hill, Fuller.


Taken from the Oxford Mail, Friday 6th October 2006

Sport Italia Hellenic League: AFC Wallingford are struggling to name a full squad for their home clash with Hungerford Town.
Juan-Pablo Deschamp and Paul Massaquoi are long-term absentees, while Aaron Baker (cruciate knee ligament) is also added to the injury list.
Zinzee Taha (ankle) is also out, while Foday Touray is doubtful.
by Kieren Bushnell

AFC Wallingford (v Hungerford Tn, home): from Shea, Clarke, Fellows, Fenn, Hoey, Barlow, Tyler, Lindsay-Scott, Styles, A Taha, Hill, Touray, Parker, Ingram.


Taken from the Oxford Mail, Wednesday 22nd November 2006

FOOTBALL: Allum penalty miss so costly for Wallingford

North Berks League: Chris Allum’s missed penalty proved crucial for Wallingford Athletic as they fell to a 4-3 defeat at the hands of last season’s Division 1 champions Lambourn Sports.

Wallingford looked to be cruising to victory when a Sam Elkins header and an Allum strike put them 2-0 ahead inside 15 minutes.

And when a Lambourn defender handled inside his area on the half-hour mark, Allum had a golden opportunity to make it 3-0.

But his spot-kick was saved by Lambourn keeper Richard Stewart – and this proved to be the turning point of the game.

Jason Brizzell’s double brought the sides level, and although Elkins restored Wallingford’s lead, Adrian Mooney levelled again.

Wallingford’s Adam Summers then saw red for a second booking, and Brizzell completed his hat-trick late on to seal a superb fightback.


Taken from getreading, Monday 22nd January 2007

AFC Wallingford suffered a 5-0 rout at the hands of Almondsbury Town and saw Simon Barlow and Danny Leggett sent off for violent conduct in the Hellenic Premier.


Taken from the Oxford Mail, Monday 29th January 2007

AFC Wallingford completed a cup double over Abingdon Town with a hard-earned 3-1 victory in the preliminary round of the Direct Sports Supplementary Cup.
Incredibly, this was the fourth time the two teams had met at the Hithercroft this season, Wallingford winning their League Cup clash.
The home side took the lead after 20 minutes through Abdouli Taha, who netted with a left-foot shot.
Five minutes later, the home side extended their lead through Aaron Baker following a free-kick.
The visitors snatched a fortunate goal back just before half-time, when Andy Hough floated in what looked like a cross from the right which deceived keeper John Shea and looped into the far corner of the net.
After a scrappy second half, Wallingford made the game safe in injury time when Dauda Fofanah skipped past a couple of defenders and fed Zinzee Taha, who set up Andy Styles to score.

From football.mitoo

From football.mitoo


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s