Sunday 24th September 2017

Wallingford Town AFC U17 v AbingdonYouth U18

B&B County U18 Cup 1st Round.

For the second week running Wallingford were 2 – 0 up within 5 minutes with goals from Harvey Ford and James Stewart which prompted immediate changes by Abingdon who then took hold of the game and were leading 3 – 2 at Half Time with one goal a 45 yard screamer. Wallingford reshaped at Half Time but Abingdon’s physical presence and determination along with sloppy play from Wallingford in Midfield and Defense led to Abingdon taking an 8 – 2 lead, Wallingford rallied in the last 15 minutes and reduced the deficit with goals from Elliot Wilson and a second from James Stewart but it was too late with the final score 8 – 4 to Abingdon.

OIYL logo201718

Sunday 24th September 2017

Wallingford Town AFC U17 v Rotherfield Utd U17

Rotherfield started with only 10 men. Wallingford despite scoring two early goals through Elliot Wilson did not utilise the extra man effectively and kill the game off by the time 2 late Rotherfield players arrived. Rotherfield pulled a goal back just before half time and then scored direct from the kick off in the second half to level. Wallingford had the majority of the play in the second half without looking threatening but took the lead again through a goal mouth scramble. Wallingford looked the more likelier to score but a defensive error let Rotherfield in for the equalizer and despite late pressure from Wallingford the game ended in a disappointing draw with Rotherfield the much happier of the two sides.

Sunday 8th October 2017

Wallingford Town AFC U17 v Hinksey Park FC U17

WTFC u17 Youth led 3 – 0 at Half Time with goals from Sam Gould, James Stewart and James Kelly with James Stewart starting on the bench having been away for two weeks and introduced on 30 minutes.

Wallingford dominated second half with 5 further goals from Calum Carrigan, 2 more from James Stewart to secure Hat Trick, Jamie McGlashan and Joe Taylor.

Hinksey did create chances in the second half with Wallingford having made wholesale changes and Max Godwin-Suttie in the Wallingford goal made several saves with Hinksey finally rewarded with a consolation goal from the Penalty spot.

Final Score 8 – 1.